Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Presidents' Day

Decided to relax a bit yesterday afternoon, so Mom and I went down to look for whales. Friends told us they were "all over," however, we went from Puako to Kawaihae Harbor and couldn't see a one. Apparently, they were further out -- or active earlier in the day. So we settled on the beach for a couple of hours and read and enjoyed the sun and water. I managed to lock my key in the trunk, so ended up staying a bit longer than planned while we waited for a friend to bring our spare key down. All in all, it wasn't a bad way to spend an afternoon.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That stinks about the key in the trunk but I'm glad you guys were able to spend some time at the beach! I'm jealous!

David and Kris Taylor said...

I was thinking that locking your keys in the trunk turned it into a really memorable adventure.

D.

Anna said...

I could use an hour or two on the beach. Enjoy for all of us cabin fevered peeps.

Whitney said...

I'm glad you got out! Who was the nice friend who rescued you?