Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Part 3 - Florida

Tuesday, March 9, I flew to Florida for the ACTEC meeting in Bonita Springs. Thursday eve we had dinner at a private animal park, where we could get up close and personal with a giraffe, alligator (small), and rhinoceros. This guy didn't seem to notice us!Spent most of the days in meetings but did manage to make it out to Lovers' Key State Park Saturday afternoon for a couple of hours. Florida beaches don't look like Hawaii's, but it was nice to get out.
Behind the beach was a trail along the inland waterways. Saw a few birds ...
and an alligator!
Sunday afternoon, I moved to Ft. Myers to be closer to the airport for my Monday morning flight then checked out the beach at Ft. Myers.
Big bird -- eagle?
Monday, I left Ft. Myers at 7:30 EDT, met J. Lynn at LAX, then arrived in Kona at 5 HST -- one long day!

4 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

Never been to Florida but it looks pretty nice.

D.

Anonymous said...

...and that is why I will never live in Florida! :) Glad you made it home safely

Anna said...

....Flar-ud-duh.

Never been, but I think I prefer the Hawaii beaches.

Whitney said...

Glad you had a good time and made your plane. I really can't wrap my head around living in a place where you might run into alligators. Crazy.