Tuesday, February 07, 2012

My Day with Dani and Friends

Dani and six friends came up to Waimea for the day this past Saturday.  We began with a hike to the back of Waipio.  The morning was clear and beautiful.
We headed up the hill from home.

The stream and pond on top were nice.

The ladies and Waipio Valley.

I went down to the landing below, but only a couple of ladies dared follow me.

Here's the view back towards home.

After we returned home, we decided to show the ladies Waipio from the other end.  Here's the view from the top.

Dani & friend (Kristi, I believe)

Waipio looking south

Waipio looking north

Finally, we ended the day with dinner at Cafe Pesto.  All in all, we had a great day -- even if I was a bit stiff Sunday morning.
Late this afternoon, the sky cleared and Mauna Kea was especially beautiful in the setting sun.

5 comments:

Courtney said...

SO HOMESICK. That looks like the most clear and beautiful and perfect day for that hike. Can't wait for August!!

Anna said...

June can't come soon enough!

Whitney said...

Wow! You lucked out with the weather! I don't remember the last time I hiked to the back of Waipio and it was clear like that. Love that you got to spend the day with them.

David and Kris Taylor said...

The view from your kitchen is worth millions!

D.

Shandra said...

Wow! Not a cloud in the sky! So beautiful!