Sunday, July 06, 2008

Grand adventure

After spending most of a week in Washington visiting Lane (Spokane), Grandpa Throssell (Yakima) and attending law meetings (Coeur d'Alene), we flew to Salt Lake City to celebrate the July 4 weekend with Rob and Anna and keikis, Court and Todd, and Grandma and Grandpa Hastings. My brother Terry finally got his pilot's license on Thursday, and Friday evening he called with an offer to pick me up at Spanish Fork Airport and fly me up the Star Valley for the day. It was wonderful!
Here's Terry in the plane before takeoff.

Over the valley looking toward Y Mount.

Provo/Orem and Utah Lake

Timp and Provo Canyon

Top of Y Mount

Backside of Timp

Star Valley from the South (U.S. 89 on the left; Smith's Fork into Greys River on the right)

Behind Mt. Wagner; Cottonwood Lake in distance
Big Round Mountain (with TV booster) in center; White Cliffs in front left; Afton and Star Valley in background
We attended a program dedicating a new civic center in Afton, including the induction of six early pioneers into a Hall of Fame.  One of the six was my great grandfather, Anson Vasco Call. It was an interesting program.  We had lunch, picked up Angela and flew back to Spanish Fork for a BBQ at Liz's with the family.  All in all a wonderful day.

4 comments:

Anna said...

Makes me almost want to get into a little death trap.

Anonymous said...

Looks gorgeous. I think I will miss a few things about this place when we move.

David and Kris Taylor said...

I'm glad your flying wish came true. The views are spectacular!

D.

Whitney said...

WOW!