Wednesday, July 09, 2008

PBJ, No! But PB&H, Yes!


Court's recent post prompted me to share today's lunch. If you look closely, you will note the All Natural peanut butter. (I know it looks a bit like something out of Clara's diaper, but it tastes even better than my usual Jiffy Extra Chunky, I think, and I'm sure it's better for me.) Also, note the honey from our 5-gallon food storage container: it has sugared, allowing for a thicker, more generous portion to be applied to the bread without its running down my hand while I eat it. (I always thought the primary reason for the peanut butter was to make one feel better about eating the honey, anyway.) I added the cottage cheese to provide an additional food group and a more balanced meal. Also, a glass of milk to help cut the heavy dose of honey and a couple of chocolate chocolate chip cookies to finish off the meal. Perfect!

8 comments:

Shandra and Christian said...

You so funny. Can you mail over some of those delicious cookies?

Anonymous said...

Clever. One day you will appreciate really good food and be begging for me to make you my dripping-with-vegis sandwich!

Anna said...

I wish I could palate pbj and pbh's. But cookies I can definitely do.

Anna said...

PS love the fancy presentation on the paper plate. "La Presentation est le moitier du gout." (Okay my french sucks now).

Bill Hastings said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bill Hastings said...

But it wasn't a paper plate -- rather mom's newest china (Ross). Je suis impresse avec le francais!

Anna said...

I just realized that....ooopsl. Je suis tres desole.
Merci beaucoup!

David and Kris Taylor said...

I like peanut butter and honey sandwiches that sit in a school locker for half a day. The honey soaks into the bread and is really crystally.

D.