Thursday, March 12, 2009

Trip report

I returned home Monday afternoon after a busy ten days. Started by meeting Rob, Court & Whit at the Seattle airport for a trip to Yakima to join J. Lynn and pay our final respects to Dad Throssell. The tributes and the graveside service were very nice, Dad looked at peace, and we had an opportunity to visit with family. I was so glad we could be there.

Natalie and family

Clyde, Les and family

Lane's family & our own
The kids and I left Friday eve after the services for Seattle and flew to SLC early Saturday morning. We met Jim, Todd and the kids at Brighton for a lovely day of skiing.

'Twas a beautiful day.

My first time out with the keikis
How could anyone not enjoy this?

Had a lovely Sunday afternoon at Liz's with family, then Monday Court and I made it back up to Brighton for a second fun-filled day. Tuesday I spent with my folks, then Wednesday early it was off to Palm Springs for law meetings. The only activity there (other than my first 5K) was a trip up to the top of Mount San Jacinto above the valley.

The car does two complete rotations on the way up/down.

The views are spectacular!

It was also gorgeous on top

Note the wind farm -- our future with alternate energy

Now, sadly, it's back to the grind -- with my desk still piled high. Help!

7 comments:

Briana said...

Those pictures of the mountains when you were skiing are gorgeous! It was fun to see you when you were here!

Whitney said...

'Twas great fam time. I loved skiing with everybody. Nice pix you got.

Anonymous said...

So glad you came--skiing was great! Sorry to hear that you're back to the routine. I hate that. Love you!

Anna said...

A 5K. MOre info necessary! Nice pix.

Bill Hastings said...

Suffice it to say, I didn't come in last!

David and Kris Taylor said...

It's nice to get caught up on your doings.

D.

Lisa said...

Sounds like you had a great time on the mainland. Always good combining business with pleasure!