Saturday, March 21, 2009

Whale watch

Our friends the Barlockers invited us to join them for a whale watch outing today. Turns out we knew the boat owner, Steve Schleder - Judy's former husband. Chauncy was helping crew -- so 'twas fun to visit with them. The day was beautiful -- just a bit short of whales. Saw several from a distance -- only one came close by. Got a bit of sun on the starboard side of my face! Lots of new snow on the mountains Friday -- unfortunately, couldn't get a good picture today.

Looking north - Maui would be behind the cloud
Mama enjoying the ride
If you look closely, you can see a whale's back.
We motored out then sailed back. Very pleasant!

5 comments:

David and Kris Taylor said...

Great outing. Sorry about the paucity of whales.

D.

Lisa said...

Whale watching is amazing, I'm jealous that its basically in your backyard! I'm craving Hawaii these days

Anna said...

Fun. I wanted to see whales so badly when we were there, but no luck then. At least you saw some, right?

Shandra and Christian said...

I'm jealous...I want to go really bad! Looked like a lot of fun!

Whitney said...

Glad you had a good time. Too bad you didn't get more whales!