Saturday, October 23, 2010

We've Gone Green!

P. A. Harris Electric installed our new solar electric system this week. We were generating about 2800 watts at noon yesterday when the system was turned on. The two systems (one facing southeast, the other southwest) should provide about 104% of our electrical needs. With state and federal tax credits picking up 65% of the cost (and the highest-priced electricity in the nation), the system should pay for itself in about five years. So I bit. Al Gore would be proud!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

It looks great! And that little bit of the hill behind the house is making me very homesick. December 11th can't come soon enough!

Shandra and Christian said...

Cool. I knew you didn't hate mother earth and all her creations...haha

and Al Gore can get a life.

Whitney said...

I concur with Bags - it does look great, and it does make me homesick. It is amazing that you'll have all your electrical needs covered by those lil' guys. I want to install solar at our house!

David and Kris Taylor said...

Al Gore nothing! Heck, I'm proud...and jealous!!!

Anna said...

Very cool.

David and Kris Taylor said...

I keep coming back because I am so intrigued. I want to do this. I have been researching and snow may pose a bit of a problem, but not insurmountable. It also appears to be a pretty stiff initial outlay. Nonetheless, I am really jealous.

D.