Saturday, March 26, 2011

Arches National Park

Saturday morning the kiddies and I arose at 5 am, met David Taylor at 6 and headed for Moab. Court and Rob have so enjoyed the parks in southern Utah and wanted to pay a return visit. Arches was a new experience for Whit and me. We missed Anna and family but did the best we could. Our morning's hike took us to Delicate Arch. For more and better pix, see David's blog. (And Court's when she gets it up.) After lunch we stuck out in another area and saw a multitude of arches.


This is Dark Angel.
Kids on a fin.



It was a long but very enjoyable day. At the end, I felt like I'd gotten more exercise in the last ten days than in the previous six months! Good for me, huh?

6 comments:

Courtney said...

So much fun! I'm glad we were able to show off Arches...and you were such a good sport. We'll be sure to run you into the ground again in June.

Anna said...

Glad you got to go. I love that place. Now we need to take you to the Needles section of canyonlands....

Shandra said...

So pretty. Would love to go there one day.

Whitney said...

That was great. So glad I got to come. Keep up the exercise so you're ready for next year!

David and Kris Taylor said...

I am so happy I was invited along. The pictures don't capture the wind very well, do they?

D.

Liz said...

Beautiful! Brings back happy memories of our trip to Arches a few years ago!