Saturday, March 26, 2011

Arizona

This year's ACTEC meeting was in Phoenix. I took advantage of the opportunity to get a little exercise and see a bit of the desert. Thursday afternoon, I joined a group for a bike ride out to Camelback then around a loop. The two and a half hour ride about did me in!
That evening, we had a dinner with centerpieces shown below. The card struck me as a whole new level of PC.
For Saturday, I had signed up for a hike in a desert preserve in Scottsdale. Another fun desert experience -- and more needed exercise! The temperature was a bit on the warm side -- mid-80s -- while I was there, so I drank a lot of water.



Good fun, but still prefer green to brown!

6 comments:

Courtney said...

Nice work on the exercise. We'll have you in shape in no time. And I prefer green to brown, too.

Anna said...

Fun times.

Shandra said...

Its a good thing you beat the AZ summer temperatures. That would have been deadly!

David and Kris Taylor said...

You are a plucky lad! And you have been a busy blogger.

Arizona is just like Hawaii, at least the part near the Kona airport. Where you live, not so much.

This was a nice string of adventures.

D.

Whitney said...

Way to get out there! I concur about the green. That's what I miss.

Liz said...

I'm so impressed! I need to follow your example and start moving!